How much does it cost to hire a mobile app developer?
Are you looking for a mobile app developer?
Over the years mobile apps have become an important way for people to access online services. It's difficult to imagine a world without apps like Uber, Instagram, WhatsApp and Airbnb.
Because your app will be installed on a customer's phone it can give your business increased visibility, competitive advantage and increased sales.
The two biggest mobile operating systems are iOS and Android whose apps can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Let's briefly discuss the two app marketplaces then we'll go over some of the ways to get an app for your business.
Interesting facts about the Apple App Store
- The App Store was launched on 10 July 2008 with just 500 apps. Today there are more than 2.2 million apps available for download.
- In 2020, the App Store generated more than $64 billion in revenue, making it the largest app marketplace in the world.
- The most popular category on the App Store is games which make up over 30% of all app downloads.
- The average price of an app on the App Store is $1.99, but many popular apps are free to download.
- The highest-grossing app of all time on the App Store is Fortnite, which has generated more than $1 billion in revenue since its release in 2018.
- Apple takes a 30% commission on all app sales and in-app purchases made through the App Store.
- The App Store is available in more than 175 countries and supports more than 40 languages.
- Apple has strict guidelines for app developers, including a review process that checks each app for quality, safety, and content. This has helped to maintain the integrity and security of the App Store.
Interesting facts about the Google Play Store
- The Google Play Store launched on 6 March 2012 and is the world's biggest app marketplace with over 2.9 million apps for download.
- The Google Play Store is available in over 190 countries.
- Google takes a 30% cut of all app purchases and in-app transactions made through the Google Play Store.
- In 2020, the Google Play Store generated $38.6 billion in revenue, making it the second largest app store in terms of revenue.
- The most downloaded app of all time on the Google Play Store is WhatsApp, with over 5 billion downloads.
- The most reviewed app on the Google Play Store is Facebook, with over 126 million reviews.
- Google Play Protect is a built-in security feature in the Google Play Store that scans all apps for malware and other security threats.
- The Google Play Store allows developers to publish apps in 96 languages.
Hire a mobile app development agency
One of the best ways to get a mobile app for your business is to hire a mobile app development agency. This can cost anywhere from $5 000 - $200 000 depending on your requirements. Although the cost is quite high you can be guaranteed that you'll end up with a high quality mobile app.
Here are some of the top mobile app development companies you can consider hiring:-
Fueled is a mobile app development agency that has worked with companies like Verizon, Harvard, and Rite Aid. Their team specializes in creating high-quality mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. They have won several industry awards, including recognition from Clutch.co and AppFutura.
Blue Label Labs is a New York-based mobile app development agency that has worked with companies like Fender, Bloomberg, and Harvard Business School. They specialize in creating custom mobile apps for startups and established businesses alike. They have won several industry awards, including recognition from Clutch.co and AppFutura.
Konstant Infosolutions is an award-winning mobile app development agency with offices in India, USA, and UAE. They have developed apps for clients in the healthcare, e-commerce, social networking and other industries. Their team of developers and designers has expertise in creating custom mobile apps for both iOS and Android.
Utility is a mobile app development agency that has worked with clients like Airbnb, NBA, and CitiBank. Their team of designers and developers specialize in creating apps that are engaging, user-friendly, and scalable. They have won several industry awards, including recognition from the Webby Awards and Inc. Magazine as one of America's fastest-growing companies.
Hire a mobile app development freelancer
A less expensive and equally good way to get an app for your business is to hire a mobile app developer on freelance marketplaces like Fiverr. For a good app this will cost anywhere from $500 - $2 000 depending on your requirements.
Fiverr has a vast pool of freelancers from all around the world. This allows you to choose from a diverse range of skilled professionals who are all competing for your business. Because of this, you'll pay much less to hire a freelancer than to hire a mobile app development agency.
Create your own iOS mobile app
If you're tech savvy and you really want to save money you can create your own iOS app.
To do this you'll need a Mac computer, Xcode, the iOS SDK and knowledge of either Swift ( recommended ) or Objective-C. You'll also need graphics and design tools like Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, or Figma to create icons, logos, and user interface elements for your app.
It's not going to be easy but you can do it!
Create your own Android mobile app
The nice thing about developing apps for Android is that it can be done with either a Mac or Windows PC.
To develop Android apps you'll need Android Studio which is the official IDE (Integrated Development Environment) provided by Google. It is a powerful tool that includes a code editor, visual layout editor, device emulator, debugging tools, and more. Android Studio is the best software for professional app developers who want to build feature-rich apps.
You'll also need to be familiar with either Kotlin ( recommended ) or Java which are the most used programming languages for most Android development.